Grumpy is so funny. Canning is women's work. Fishing (or smelting) is men's work. Raising children is women's work. Cutting down a tree is men's work. Cleaning house is women's work. Using the shop vac when the basement flooded is men's work. HOWEVER...trying to find a better way to store smelt so it doesn't get soggy or freezer burnt and fall apart on the hook? Men's work. He researched the pickling recipe online and went to the sports center for the pickling spice (yea! saved me a trip for the cucs), found my jars and lids. Now he has no excuse. If he can can smelt, he can help me can produce :D Too funny, but a great job. Of course right now he's napping from all his hard work. I guess dipping is hard work? :)
On my side of the fence, I planted another 55 peat pots of tomatoes and 15 of celery ( came in the mail the next day). Personally I think that I now have ready-made fish fertilizer :D I really can't complain. I REALLY like the sturgeon he brings in with the smelt and so other than gas it's a free dinner (or 4) for our large family. My favorite is battered and fried in oil. SOO good :) and the mildest flavor, better than halibut. No nasty fishy smell when you cook it either. It's a win for me either way :) and I didn't have to do any of the work.
On my side of the fence, I planted another 55 peat pots of tomatoes and 15 of celery ( came in the mail the next day). Personally I think that I now have ready-made fish fertilizer :D I really can't complain. I REALLY like the sturgeon he brings in with the smelt and so other than gas it's a free dinner (or 4) for our large family. My favorite is battered and fried in oil. SOO good :) and the mildest flavor, better than halibut. No nasty fishy smell when you cook it either. It's a win for me either way :) and I didn't have to do any of the work.
No comments:
Post a Comment