This is the other new toy my folks bought. I love receiving gifts :) and this arrangement is working well for both our homes. They buy the produce, I supply the rest and mom helps when she has good days. The heat index for the next week means I won't see much them for a while. Having a canning partner is great for jams and pie filling. One person to do all the stirring and one to do the prep and clean up.
It's a de seeder and all purpose sludge maker. I like jelly, mom likes jam, Sdad can't do seeds so this is a nifty little compromise.
Talk about a real breeze. No awkward parts, no electricity, all manual. Dump your rinsed fruit in the hopper and turn the crank.
The seeds and berries that were a little too green come out the other end. Instant chickie food.
You get much more juice than sludge so it's economical to use. The really nice thing about this toy is that the end product is not really a jelly, it's more like a seedless jam. You still have the pulp and texture just not the seeds and the great thing about this tool is that you don't have the headache of a jelly bag or numerous dishes. This bowl of juice gave me 10 pints of the best marrionberry/strawberry seedless jam I have ever had! Definitely a wow factor and probably the best thing I have canned so far.
It's a de seeder and all purpose sludge maker. I like jelly, mom likes jam, Sdad can't do seeds so this is a nifty little compromise.
Talk about a real breeze. No awkward parts, no electricity, all manual. Dump your rinsed fruit in the hopper and turn the crank.
The seeds and berries that were a little too green come out the other end. Instant chickie food.
You get much more juice than sludge so it's economical to use. The really nice thing about this toy is that the end product is not really a jelly, it's more like a seedless jam. You still have the pulp and texture just not the seeds and the great thing about this tool is that you don't have the headache of a jelly bag or numerous dishes. This bowl of juice gave me 10 pints of the best marrionberry/strawberry seedless jam I have ever had! Definitely a wow factor and probably the best thing I have canned so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment