I spent the last 2 days getting ready to use my Easter leftovers into a great dinner and I doubled the batch excited that I was going to pressure can the leftover soup for another couple dinners :) I soak my dried beans all night, and cooked my ham bone with the beans, grated carrots, dried onion and 3 stalks of celery all day in the crockpot.
An hour before dinner I added the cubed ham and I made my thickener of butter and flour over med heat until the flour was cooked and added it to my soup. We had a nice dinner and after dinner I got out my pressure cooker and looked on-line to see how long it needed to process. SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE! You can't pressure can ANYTHING with flour and butter in it. Damn it. Freezer dinner it is, but what a waste. Next time I will guesstimate what we will eat and thicken only that :D I was so excited to show off my canning skills. Again, man plans, God laughs.
An hour before dinner I added the cubed ham and I made my thickener of butter and flour over med heat until the flour was cooked and added it to my soup. We had a nice dinner and after dinner I got out my pressure cooker and looked on-line to see how long it needed to process. SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE! You can't pressure can ANYTHING with flour and butter in it. Damn it. Freezer dinner it is, but what a waste. Next time I will guesstimate what we will eat and thicken only that :D I was so excited to show off my canning skills. Again, man plans, God laughs.
No comments:
Post a Comment