Not quite canning...but definitely storage. These eggs have gone directly from the chickies butts to my hi-tech shoe box stored in the basement. I'm not washing them or coating them with lard or covering them with salt, what you see is what I did. I'm taking 1/4 of my daily eggs for storage and separating them by 2 week lots. First in, first out rotation later this winter. I hope to have them last at least 3 months with out any noticeable change but I'll give updates around the first of December. According to the research I've done you can store eggs like this for up to 9 months, I just want to start slow :)August 25, 2009
results in time
Not quite canning...but definitely storage. These eggs have gone directly from the chickies butts to my hi-tech shoe box stored in the basement. I'm not washing them or coating them with lard or covering them with salt, what you see is what I did. I'm taking 1/4 of my daily eggs for storage and separating them by 2 week lots. First in, first out rotation later this winter. I hope to have them last at least 3 months with out any noticeable change but I'll give updates around the first of December. According to the research I've done you can store eggs like this for up to 9 months, I just want to start slow :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment